Monday, May 6, 2013

Easy Donuts- YUM!

I looooove donuts! I wish I didn't but I really REALLY do. I saw one of my friends on Facebook do these on Facebook and so naturally I just had to give it a try. It ended up being so much fun and turned out super tasty. So here's how to make some quick donuts. This is a great Saturday morning treat to make with the whole family.


What you will need
1. 1-2 cans of biscuits (depends on how many you want to make)
2. Powdered sugar, glaze (see recipe below), cinnamon sugar, sprinkles, or whatever you like to put on your donuts!
3. Something to cut out the middle of your donut- I used the cap from my vegetable oil bottle
4. Frying pan and oil
5. Wax Paper
6. Sauce pan and bowl for glaze


Step 1
Crack open your can of biscuits. Take whatever it is you're using to make your donut holes and cut out your middles. Set your raw donuts aside. I like to roll up the middle dough to make donut holes (my girls like these best)


Step 2
Heat up your oil BEFORE putting in your dough. I heat it to medium but it took some trial and error to get it just right. If the oil is too hot the outside gets done too quickly and the inside is gooey and if it's too low you'll have a soggy donut.
Once you get your oil heated pop in your donut. Cook for a minute and a half and flip it. It only takes a minute or two on each side. Take it out once both sides are golden brown














 Step 3
As soon as you remove the donut let it dry for just a moment and then add your toppings.

For powdered sugar
Just put some powdered sugar in a bowl or on a plate, coat it and set it on some wax paper- too easy right?







For Glazed
You will need
1/4 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners' sugar

Heat up the milk and vanilla in a sauce pan then pour it in a bowl and whisk in the sugar until nice and smooth. Then dip your donuts and let them set on your wax paper or drain on a rack if you have one.







 These taste best when eaten immediately. If you do save a few I recommend storing in the fridge and warming up before eating.

Bon Appetit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review