Friday, December 28, 2012

Haystacks!

My mom made these every year around Christmas, and it is one of my favorite treats. Now I make these with my little ones and they are so easy! You can really make these anytime of year and try adding your own things like nuts or shape them into nests and add mini eggs for Easter. Have fun!

What you need
1 cup peanut butter 
(sometimes I even add a little more)
1 Bag of butterscotch chips (11-12oz)
12 oz bag chow mein noodles

What to do

Step 1
Melt at least 1 cup of peanut butter and the entire bag of butterscotch chips in the microwave. This took about 3-4 minutes in my microwave but your might be different. I took mine out every 1.5 min or so to stir.

Step 2
Pour the delicious peanut butter/butterscotch mixture into a mixing bowl and start adding your chow mein noodles. I start with about 1/2 the bag and mix in more until it reaches my desired amount of coating. For me, that's around 10oz of noodles total, but you can use more or less as you like.

Step 3
Spoon the mixture onto some wax paper to form little "stacks" and let them set until they stay together

That's it! Eat up and enjoy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review