Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Things I'll Tell My Daughters

Sometimes I can't believe that I am a mom of three little girls... or at least it will be three when baby #3 comes into the world next month. It's something I never imagined for myself, but I wouldn't change a thing.

I think as parents we all have things we hope our kids know but many times we forget to say them or sadly, don't get the chance. Here's just a few things that I hope to tell my daughters someday. Feel free to leave some of your words that you hope to say to your kids in the comments.

1. Each one of you is the best thing that ever happened to me. 

2. My heart melts each and every time I look at you.

3. I'll always be there even when you try and chase me away because I'm your mom and I love you.

4.You're unique and the world will try to tell you that is not always a good thing. Don't listen to the voices that ask you to compromise the things that make you you.

5. I'm not always right but I am always trying my best to take care of you, protect you, and love you.

6. I am always for you. I'll never stop cheering you on.

7. You don't have to prove yourself to anyone EVER. You are enough just as you are.

8. Don't let the temporary circumstances you face threaten you into making permanent choices you'll regret.

9. Laugh every single day even when it hurts.

10. I don't want you to grow up to be like me- I want you to grow up and be yourself. Which will probably be better than me.

11. Never waste your precious time on people who are negative. Life is too short.

12. Remember to put God first in all things and surround yourself with people who do the same.

13. You can always come home. No matter what you've done or how you've messed up, there is always space for you in my arms. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review